Holiday Season Activities for You and Your Family
The holiday season is upon us and it’s the perfect time to hangout with the fam. Below are five festive, fun activities that you and your little one can do together to get into the holiday spirit.
1. Gingerbread House Making: Gingerbread house making is a quintessential holiday activity, fun for the whole family. Purchase a gingerbread house making kit from the grocery store or bake your own and dedicate a night to stay in and craft an architectural confection.
2. Ice Skating & Skiing: If you’re a cold weather lover, find some time on the weekend to go ice skating or skiing. These are the perfect activities for getting out of the house, exercise, and fresh air.
3. Cookie Making: No holiday season is complete without cookies. Get your whole family involved by finding an afternoon to bake together. Here are some of our favorite recipes--Kiss Cookies, Stained Glass Cookies, Gingerbread Cookies, and Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups--if you’re looking to try something different.
4. Movies & Hot Chocolate: When the weather gets too cold or you just need a night in, watch a holiday movie and serve hot chocolate. Some of our favorite holiday movies that bring us cheer include: Home Alone, Frozen, Ice Age, and Charlie Brown. Any of these movies are perfect for the family and ensure for a fun night in.
5. Shop and Wrap Presents for a Toy Drive: Giving back this holiday season? Get the whole family involved! Find a local toy drive and go to Target or Walmart to shop for someone in need. Bring your little one along and they’ll be sure to know when kids their age want. When done shopping, continue the holiday cheer by wrapping the presents together. If you want to make someone feel extra special this holiday season, take some time and decorate personal cards for the gifts.